Tuesday, March 14, 2006

News to Me and other Ramblings

I've been told that blogging about blogging is a no no. I guess the first rule of blogging is we don't talk about blogging (who would've thought that blogging would slowly evolve into a Fight Club-esque experience). Hopefully, the blogging's version of Tyler Derdon won't ask me to blow up a Starbucks cause I really like their low-fat frappacinos.

Onto more important things like deciding whether or not to hit the ski hill (and I emphasize HILL) one last time before spring hits. My buddy Mink (his nickname is not referencing his choice of outerwear, as he is not a rapper) wants to goto Ontario's modest Blue "Mountain" to break in his new skis before he goes heliskiing (lucky bastard), and he has offered to drive me up to if I want to get one last day out before the snow disappears. My office is being moved on Friday, so I actually don't have to go into work, so I am definitely leaning on going. 2 things are holding me back though: 1 - There will be a lot of teenagers scumming around cause its March Break, and I hate dealing with anyone younger than 20; 2 - Friday is the second day of the NCAA tournament, and I really really don't want to miss any potential upsets. I think I will be going just because its going to be my last chance to hit the terrain park, and I've made a lot of great strides there this season, and I want to rock it one last time to get that big air rush. We'll be going early, so hopefully we will be back in time to see Memphis put the finishing touches on its 30 pt victory over Oral Roberts. Which leads to an interesting question, can Jesus-freaks actually play basketball? Well 5 white guys is an insurance company not a basketball team, so that really should tell you the answer. Off to Blue I go....on Friday.

On a total different note, PVR totally rocks, and it has complete revolutionized the way I watch TV. This Thursday at 9 p.m. the NCAA tourney will be in full swing, but there is also a brand new episode of The OC on FOX. Now in previous year's this would be a massive problem, but now that I have a PVR, so I can watch both, AND not have to deal with commercials when I replay The OC. PVR, you are magical.

Custom X update - went looking to buy a 2006 Custom X this weekend hoping that prices would be down at the end of the season. Well, there was a $50 dollar discount, when all other snowboards are 25-50% off! Hmmm, I guess this is what getting the "Participant" trophy in Little League feels like. Damn, you Jake Burton for making a product that doesn't have to be discounted!!!! Guess I'll have to hold off on buying until the Ski Show next year, at least I'll earn some interest on that $700.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home