Thursday, March 30, 2006

Loft Update

Just a quick note this morning, I will be going to the iLoft building today to check out the floorplans. They mostly have 2 storey lofts in this place, and hopefully I will find something to my liking and in my price range. We shall see, but hopefully I see something that I like (with a lake view). The place is in south Etobicoke, which isn't the most ideal location (southwest Mississauga/middle Oakville), but its still within my livable area.

Sigh, Toronto's neighbourhoods are so homogenous/exclusionary that there are really only so many places that one feels comfortable living in. Its like, I am pretty sure people would give me the evil eye in Markham (aka New Hong Kong) everyday considering that 1) I have a skinny, blonde girlfriend, 2) I hate Japanese cars cause they just aren't built for people who are taller than 6 feet, 3) 60% of authentic Chinese food scares me, and my favorite kinds of Chinese food can be readily found at the Mandarin, and finally 4) I really really don't like Karoke.

I mean there are so many places in the city I could never move to like Scarberia (Scarbrough) or Ginoville (Woodbridge), so my options are kinda limited. Don't even get me started about Brampton or north Mississauga because going there is like travelling to a different country, I don't even think English is first language for most people there, and I don't really like butter chicken or naan all that much (wink wink).

I'll let you all know how the condo search goes tomorrow. Hmmmm, I guess the quick note turned into quite a long one.

I also have a meeting with my boss today where I am going to tell him that staying in his division is not part of my long term plans. This meeting should go really well (scarcastic smile)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home