Thursday, March 30, 2006

One Dream Condo FOUND

So I went to the iLoft units today to check it out, and I am seriously smitten. The layout of the condo is EXACTLY what I want (or at least close enough to it). They still have corner units available, and they face the lake. Plus, its actually within my budget, which is a total shocker to me.

So more about the lay out. First its 2 stories, which is pretty much the most important factor for me, I can't handle the claustrophoia of single floor living. Plus its a corner unit, so 2 out of the 4 walls is floor to ceiling glass, and its all hardwood. Actually, that's the one bad thing, its not real hardwood, its some enviromentally friendly laminated plank. Fucking hippies ruining it for those of us who care nothing about the environment. Anyway, all of the appliances are stainless steel along with the microwave, and the living area is huge for a condo. It even has a fairly large terrace (balcony, you strignorent bastards). They have this carpet on the second floor thats really rough, so I might have to look into getting it changed. The location of the development is beyond ideal, since its 15 minutes from my girfriend's place, 15 minutes from work, 15 minutes to my Oakville peeps, and 10 mins from Sherway (the only mall I shop at), by the lake, so running will be very enjoyable again. Basically, its almost perfect. So what is the cavat about this place that is a total downer (you knew there had to be one, nothing in life is perfect)? It won't be finished until March 2008. 2008, that's 2 years from now, what the hell, they build condos in downtown Toronto, in about 4 months. Entire communities there are built in that timeframe. Unfortunately, there isn't much I can do, so I guess my parents are going to have to put up with for a little longer.

Cross your fingers everyone, I might be a real estate owner by the end of the weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home