Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Its been a while

Hello dedicated readers, its been a while since I've posted something new. I guess a combination of laziness and being busy at work has hindered the updates. Alas, nothing new really has happened. A couple of goings ons has gone, so let me catch you up.

1) A good friend of mine, Warren (see his link), has officially moved out to LA. He started driving on Saturday with his mom (yeah, I know, but keep in mind Warren is known for being a somewhat aggressive driver, so Mrs. Poon's presence probably saved him about $1000 worth of speeding tickets), so he should have arrived safely in the land of silicone and sunshine by now. Since he posted something new on his blog it is safe to assume he didn't stop in Boulder to join some weird fundamentalist Christian cult. I will probably be heading out to the sunshine state or Vegas this fall for a weekend of hanging out with all of the LA guys, so its something I am definitely looking forward to.....plus they will have a new pad in the OC, so I must check that out.

2) I had a very successful BBQ on Saturday despite the fact that the weather refused to co-operate. It was quite the eclectic group at my house, with work friends mingling with high school friends and girlfriend's friends. Suprisingly worlds did not collide as much as you would expect. I suppose the key to any sort of mixed group function is to keep the numbers of each group to a minimum, that way everyone is forced to talk to everyone else, and the individual groups cannot confine themselves to the comfort of people they already know.

3) Saw a couple of new movies in the last week. My quick reviews:

X-Men 3: Great movie, but not for everyone. You have to appreciate the comic book to grasp the risks that this movie took. Being a Wolverine fan helps too.

The Da Vinci Code: Great movie if you never read the book. So-so to bad if you did. I didn't mind the movie, it tried as hard as it could to stay true to the book, and I applaude the effort. However, it did pale when compared to the book, which is saying a lot since Dan Brown isn't exactly Charles Dickens. Seeing all the landmarks the book uses in movie form was fun.

4) I think I'll be getting a new laptop soon. The frontrunner (and only runner) is the Apple Mac Book (white). I haven't had a new computer in about 2 years, so its time for an upgrade. I think I'll be putting birthday present money towards the new computer. I'm very excited.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home