Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Advent of Our Engagement Age

So here we are, the beginning of wedding season, and it got me thinking, as one of the first members of the MTV generation, it has dawned on me that many of my friends and associates are thinking about popping the question to their significant others. So I guess this is it, the 80's babies are starting to get married, which in many many ways is scary (much less scary than when the 90's generation decides to start nesting).

Anyway, I am merely pointing this out because over the next 3 years, I anticipate that a very large fraction of my friends and associates will start to settle down, and our forays into the meatmarkets (aka popular bars) will decrease to almost nil (which is something I look forward to, since those places suck ass, and I am constantly fighting the urge to pummel the almost endless procession of dumbasses that act as macho as possible, but when push comes to punching them in the face, they run away, pussies), and we'll start having dinner parties. All I hope for is that these coupley get togethers remain true to the spirit of our friendship. That is to say they won't have that false air of civility that I have to uphold when I am forced to attend dinner parties held by some casual acquintances. That is to say, it is surprising how uncomfortable some people get when you tell a really really funny jew/black/indian/homo/muslim or any other miniorty joke at the dinner table. Let's just hope that its not a symntom of getting older and married, but merely a sign that these are boring people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home