Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Learning to Dive

So I want to learn how to dive. Hear me out this isn't another wacky adventure I am dreaming up, and probably won't follow through on, I am totally seriously about doing this.

Here are my reasons for wanting to learn how to dive. I've come to the conclusion that alot of the outdoor activities that I did for enjoyment are starting to become harder to participate in. Basketball with my buddies on the weekend isn't as regular as it used to be especially since so many of them are/have moved to different locations. Flag Football is basically torture because I will always have the instinct to hammer people when they have the ball. In fact, any football where you can't tackle is just not very much fun. I considered really taking up golf, but in all honesty I really don't like it all that much. Maybe when I am older or fatter, but right now, golf is something I can do with friends a couple of times in the summer cause its a great excuse to get drunk in the afternoons while barely staying in control of the little cart.

I work out almost everyday, so I am not in need of a physical activity to keep me in shape (although, I am also looking to join a Thai Boxing class at the gym. I know that I will probably be the only straight male in that class, but it looks like fun and a great cardio workout. Too bad I am on a 2 month waiting list to join the class, but hopefully, I might be able to join a class downtown). I really enjoy going to sunny locations for vacations and I plan on going to Bora Bora one day, so learning how to dive seems like a natural choice for a new hobby. If I can get certified I'll be able to do something other than lay by the pool all day when I go to an island for a quick getaway. Personally, I've always enjoyed my winter vacations more than my tropical ones because I was able to snowboard in the winter. Well I think scuba can be the same thing for me in warm weather locales. Now all I have to do is find a place that will teach me, but for some reason I am prepared for a massive financial cost ($600), does anyone actually know how much it costs to learn how to dive?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home